THIS KIT IS A FULLY BOLT IN SYSTEM!
The TCI Torque Arm features a unique slider on the front of the arm that slides for and aft and rotates as the car goes through suspension travel thus allowing the cars handling to be controlled by the coil-over shocks and the rear sway bar with no suspension binding variables. The kit allows for a lower stance, greater rear axle control and dramatically improved handling.
Performance and drag racing: this kit is rated up to 1000 HP. When combined with the TCI modernized front IFS your early Nova will pull skid pad and slalom course numbers similar to a C6 ZO6 Corvette. On the strip 60 foot times of 1.4″ have been achieved in a number of cars with sticky tires. 18″ street tire cars with AC and full interiors etc. were pulling 1.6’s. Launches are straight and very controllable.
The kit is a fully bolt on application except for welding the shock brackets, panhard bracket, pinion adjuster brackets and optional sway bar brackets onto your stock housing or a Ford 9” housing. Also available is an optional Currie Ford 9” housing with all the brackets installed and heli-arced welded in place. 5x 4.75″ Chevy bolt pattern standard, 5x 4.50″ is available as well at no additional cost.
Thinking of tubbing your car? See our “EZ Tubs” to your upper left.
Max tire widths for non mini tubbed 62-65 cars are 245mm. 66-67 will accept 255mm rubber. Tubbed cars 62-65 can go up to a 305 while the 66-67 jumps to a 315mm tire. Rolling the inner fender lip will buy you another 10mm or so.
- 1¾ inch torque arm with slider and reinforcing flanges
- 1½ inch cross-member with drive shaft loop
- 1¾ inch sub frame connectors
- 1¼ inch trailing arms with stainless adjusters
- 1 inch adjustable panhard bar with LH & RH rod ends
- Axle housing brackets, torque arm tabs and install tool
- Adjustable pinion support tubes with rod ends, tabs and install tool.
- Bolt-on trailing arm channel brackets
- 1½ inch coil-over cross-member with channel brackets
- All American adjustable coil-over shocks
- Floor reinforcing plates, frame stiffeners and hardware
- Detailed installation manual
Axle, brakes and sway bar are optional items and not included in base price. Kit ships as raw steel.