67 68 69 Camaro Firebird TCI Torque Arm 3 Link Rear Suspension Kit: The TCI Torque Arm features a unique joint on the front of the arm that slides for and aft and rotates as the car goes through suspension travel thus allowing the cars handling to be controlled by the coil-over shocks and the rear sway bar with no suspension binding variables. The suspension is firm without being harsh. The billet shocks provide a suppleness that allow easy steering corrections with excellent feedback. The kit allows for a lower stance, greater rear axle control and dramatically improved handling. 315mm wide tires on 12″ rims will fit with Tubbed option.
Performance and drag racing: this kit is rated up to 1000 HP. When combined with the TCI IFS your 1st gen Camaro or Firebird will pull slalom course numbers similar to a C6 ZO6 Corvette and with narrower tires! On the strip 60 foot times of 1.4″ have been achieved in a number of cars with sticky tires. 18″ street tire cars with AC and full interiors etc. were pulling 1.6’s. Launches are straight and very controllable.
The kit is a fully bolt on application except for welding the shock brackets, pinion adjuster brackets and optional sway bar brackets onto your stock GM 10/12 bolt housing or a Ford 9” housing. Jig tools are included. This kit untilizes the very effective “long, low mount” panhard bar that bolts behind your axle housing. This design frees up valuable exhaust routing and provides excellent body roll resistance. Also available is an optional Currie Ford 9” housing with all the brackets installed and heli-arced welded in place. 5x 4.75″ Chevy bolt pattern standard, 5x 4.50″ is available.
Stock wheel tub max tire widths are 285mm for 67 & 68 cars with the 1969 maxing at 275mm. Choose the Tubbed option and jump to massive 325mm for 67 & 68 and 315mm for a 1969 car. Roll the inner fender lip and pick up another 10mm. Mini Tubs required for utilizing the Tubbed option. THIS KIT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE DSE MINI TUBS!
Currie axles measure 58.5″ non tubbed and 55.5″ tubbed. Measurement is from wheel mounting flange to mounting flange.
- 1¾ inch torque arm with slider and reinforcing flanges
- 1½ inch cross-member with drive shaft loop
- 1¾ inch sub frame connectors
- 1¼ inch trailing arms with stainless adjustors
- 1 inch adjustable low mount panhard bar with LH & RH rod ends
- Axle housing brackets, torque arm tabs and install tool
- Adjustable pinion support tubes with rod ends, tabs and install tool.
- Bolt-on trailing arm channel brackets
- 1½ inch coil-over cross-member with channel brackets
- All American adjustable coil-over shocks
- Floor reinforcing plates and hardware
- Detailed installation manual
Axle, brakes and sway bar shown in photo are options and not included in base price.
There are no reviews yet.